Wednesday 18 January 2012

Easy Biscotti

Here's another recipe I tried two weeks ago. Since I only had a few ingredients in my cupboard, I tried looking up some goodies that I can make with what I had. And it's biscotti that I decided to bake. :) I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com and I love how it's so easy to make. I mean, even a 10 year old can do this!

Choco Nutty Biscotti
Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Beat oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour and baking powder. Carefully, add this to the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Mix in the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
3. Divide the dough into two and form each piece into a roll a long as the cookie sheets. Place onto the prepared sheets and press to half an inch thickness.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
5. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. After cooling, slice each roll crosswise with half an inch thickness. Put back into the baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes more. This will make them a bit more toasted.

Guide: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/biscotti/

2 comments:

  1. You didn't slice it ?! Throw some of that here ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Too lazy and I was excited to try how it tasted. :P

    ReplyDelete