Friday 3 February 2012

Pancakes for Breakfast

Things have been crazy this week. I got a job (yay!) and I was emotionally and physically ready for all the changes! Yes, I have been psyching myself up with the thought but it's different when reality kicks in. And I just had one day notice!! I was accepted Wednesday and was asked to report the next day. I was supposed to wear black bottoms for our uniform and as luck would have it, I don't have any black trousers here with me! Uh-oh. But anyway, I'm still glad I got the job. :) With these changes, I'd have to prepare almost everything the night before just so we will have a smooth sailing day for the nanny and my daughter at home.

I prepared the batter for my Buttermilk Pancakes the night before because I didn't want to wake up really early to make these. Here's what you need:

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cups buttermilk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 tbsp butter
Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice, add more milk to make it 1 cup

Directions:

To make 1 cup buttermilk:
  1. Take the one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice into liquid measuring cup. 
  2. Then add milk to make 1 cup. Let it stand for about 5 minutes.
To make pancakes:
  1. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. 
  2. Carefully, add eggs, buttermilk and butter. Mix well until well blended.
  3. Batter should have small to medium lumps just like the photo below.

A bit lumpy

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!

    Hmmm.. pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ?! No photos of one lumpy yummy pancake ? hahaha I haven't tried using evap milk to my pancake mixture but I guess it will have more interesting flavor than milk :) Anyway , CONGRATS on your new job ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. TIta Lis, it was early in the morning and I was still sleepy so I forgot to take the photos. Eeepp Sorry :D

    Bechay, salamat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pancakes! Omnomnomnomnom. I haven't made one in years! My lola made the best pancakes in the world. I really miss her.

    ReplyDelete