Friday 30 March 2012

L'Fisher's Ripples Graduation Buffet

We spent our last night in Bacolod by enjoying the Graduation Buffet at L'Fisher Hotel. For those who aren't familiar with L'Fisher, this hotel is the best hotel in Bacolod.  Not at the level of international chains, but close enough.

To warm up our tummies, we had cream of onion soup paired with soft rolls. I love their soup! Even my tot who's picky with food liked it. :)
Cream of Onion with warm bread
The Asian Braised Beef was just ok.  It didn't stand out from the spread but it wasn't a disappointment either.

Asian Braised Beef

I'd like to believe the highlight of the buffet was the hainanese chicken.  Maybe if I didn't live in Singapore I would have enjoyed the dish more.  But since I see this everyday, it did not impress me. :D
Hainanese Chicken

This was my first plate.  I only had 2 rounds.  I guess I wasn't in the mood for some Asian cuisine that night.
My plate - Hainanese chicken, Frutti di Mare, Buttered veggies, Asian Braised Beef 




The spread

Dessert

Chiffon layered with ube cake
We ordered a la carte items for the children and our companions.  I wasn't able to try it but they said it was really good.  The kids enjoyed the chicken too.
A la carte fried chicken
I was sad that I wasn't able to try all the desserts.  The staff replaced the dessert spread in the middle of the meal with a big cake.  Luckily, my SIL was able to get some before they took them all away.  
Sans Rival, Strawberry Mousse, Blueberry Cheesecake, 
One of their best sellers for their summer coolers - the Mango Melon.  It was wonderful!  I liked the combination of the two fruits.
Mango Melon
Sadly, the buffet spread was not impressive, considering the price of Php 350.  The husband expected more, since it was advertised as a 'Graduation' buffet.  It could be that I was not in the mood for Asian that night.  The last time we ate here, I was also not impressed.  Maybe next time we'll stick to FIL's favorites, Kai Sei or Inaka.

L'Fisher Hotel
14th Street Bacolod City, Philippines
Contact #: (034) 433 3731
Website: http://www.lfisherhotelbacolod.com
Email: lfisherhotel@yahoo.com / sales@lfisherhotelbacolod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment